I’m writing this post in my best Carlos Adama-ish mindset. Here it goes:
- 100s of aliens including the alien queen
- a colourful, top-notch cast of memorable characters
- an absurd amount of firepower
- a plethora of scenarios, including: space stations, an alien hive, the surface of another planet and the Sulaco
- Power Armor
- James Cameron, at the peak of his career
- exactly one (CGI) alien, crossbred from a DOG
- three main characters just die at the beginning, for the sake of it
- …to be substituted by 15 inexpressive bald men
- zero horror. Religious imagery instead.
- no weapons or explosions
- one scenario: a big fucking factory that always looks the same
- videogame-style alien POV chase. Cinematic dignity out of the window.
- Ripley dies at the end
- Fincher’s first feature is still Fincher’s first feature
So basically fuck everything about it.
I somehow needed to let off some steam. Yep, I know it’s been 18 years. Yep, it still hurts.
Edit: a single, 90 minute take of Corporal Hicks just looking into the camera would’ve been BETTER than Alien 3 and Resurrection combined.
This week I came up with this, and I’m not entirely sure what to do with it. Would you like to see this printed as a poster, adapted into a t-shirt or any other kind of memorabilia? If the answer is yes, or if it just pleases your eyes, express yourself clicking the ‘like’ button :)
(Yep, I did all the vector art myself. Industrious!!)
For the sake of making a list. Everybody follows some kind of pattern when filling a new computer with useful stuff. Mine has been as follows:
- Windows 7 x64 - the thing that came from the pen drive
- Google Chrome - unmatched speed
- JDownloader - mass downloading made easy
- Dropbox - the most useful thing ever invented
- Starcraft 2 - the real reason for buying another machine
- Every hardware update - i’m a professional!
- Spotify - mp3 what?
- Winamp - well… just in case
- Adobe Reader
- Real Temp - temperature monitor, fine-tuned for multicore Intel’s
- Adobe Master Collection CS5 x64 - pixel grinding machine
- Avast! Antivirus - take care of the machine and it’ll take care of you
- CCleaner - keeps the lawn malware-free
- Microsoft Security Essentials - an extra layer of poison
- The KMPlayer - best media player ever
- µTorrent - tiny and powerful
- Quicktime Alternative - quicktime minus Apple’s anal fist
- Mozbackup - imports Mozilla profiles from other computers
- Mozilla Firefox - still necessary
- Mozilla Thunderbird -for that 5% that doesn’t involve Gmail
- Notepad++ - really good code/text editor
- FileZilla - fast, robust FTP client
Thanks, Microsoft. I can (finally) erase from this list the useful and mandatory Leave Me Alone.
Esto es lo mejor que han echado hoy en Internet.
Trailer for Hackers (1995). On line — this summer. Just like us! OMG this movie so predicted the future!!
Now seriously. I’m amazed that the main prosecutor in the movie is no other than Bunk Moreland from The Wire. Talk about improving your acting cred.
“Unmarked bills. Come alone.”